Thursday, March 15, 2012

Living, traveling, running

-book review for Education of a Wandering Man


For my whole life, I always regard myself as a novel reader. Reading prose or traveling notes has been a big problem for me as I would fall asleep all the time. But this time, I gave myself a great challenge for deciding to read "a notes" by Louis L’Amour, a great novel writer.


So as the day-to-day progress of reading Education of a wandering man, I realized that I am not the only one who tried to find challenge him/herself. Louis L'Amour elaborated the details of him wandering the world, working tons of jobs that later provide important facts for his novels. He also detailed his collection of books as related to different ideas gained from different parts of the world. I have to admit that peaks appear in every section of his adventure.



In a section, Louis talked about being an writer. As he was illustrating that how effective the ways a writer write, it reminds me of my favorite writer's first half autobiography talking about running. He is a great Japanese Writer just as Louis L'Amour but just he gained inspirations from his way of running. Sometimes we want to run faster, we just make ourselves do, we want to speed down, we just make ourselves calm down. W. Somerset Maugham once said, every razor has its own philosophy. The author explained it clearly as every single move we do today will become some sort of idea on day. That's what we called philosophy. Louis' philosophy is on his way.


I always wanted to be a writer, since I was a little girl. But sometimes I find my words too obscure that even I don't understand it. I feel like I could start reading and writing again after I read the book of Louis. He gave me the courage to interpret my views out of audacity. Just keeping reading and keep thinking, that's the only way out.





My review in the goodreads.com:  

No comments:

Post a Comment