She told me everything that I need to do in my life.
Here is the Youtube Video to the introduction of 10000h dream idea.
The fly came to this world with one page of things that he needs to do before he dies. He wants to bite a coati, to get drunk, to party, etc. A lot of things to do. Sometimes he has to do with great efforts, sometimes is just a beautiful coincidence. And every time he finished a thing in his list, he would try to make a note. But at the last few seconds, he found out there is no chance for him to achieve the last two goals-- watch the stars and get famous. He died out of disappointment. But what's fortunate is that God give him a chance to achieve the last two goals.
It's really touching. I smile every time I watch the video.
People said that if you want to get famous and successful in just one area in this world, you should at least put 10000 hours efforts into it. No matter what you are, Albert Einstein, an athlete or any musician. No matter you are gifted or not. Anyone has the chance to become successful. But talking about 10000h, that's not a small number. What that means is two hours per day, you will still need at least 14 years to approach it. Still hard. Now what we need to do is not thinking too much, start working on it.
At first, get your dreams set up.
The woman recommended me a Moleskine notebook, but I thought it does not matter what notebook you are using. So I just took a small notebook and write all my dreams on the first page.
Like :
1) travel through Japan
1) travel through Japan
2) get a psychology certification
3) get tons of old movies and gramophone records
4) write a book
...
...
you don't need to write exactly what you are gonna do to achieve the goal, just need all the things to be clear on the page.
Anything you want, big and small.
Secondly, classify your dreams
Through all the dreams I have in my books, I will try to make them into three sections( you can do it on your own).
1) To love, that include traveling and becoming an psychologist, which I can help the people that need help in the world.
2) Writing and reading, which includes the collection of books movies, and to write a book
...
And then in a single area of these dreams, you can help yourself set up the steps with the goals. For instance, as I am a total beginner of the psychology area, I would say, first, you need to reed at least 10 books about the general psychology, 10 about the criminal psychology, 10 about developing psychology in 2012. After that, get a degree on psychology in three years. Things like that, depends on how you would manage your time.
Most importantly, you should write every single efforts you put on this dream.
Allow me to copy what that woman did for her author dream:
Read 《1q84 2,3》 09/21/10
Read 《tipping point》 10/13/10
Read《1001 ways to market your books》 10/15/10
Every small step is a necessary element, a short Youtube video, a short song you played on your guitar or any inspirations you had during the late night chat with your friend. Just write them after the section of the dream.
And the last thing to do is a "stop watch".
Remember you just have 10000h don't wast your time. Put on every thirty minutes you devoted into your work.
For some people, 10000h is too much, you don't want to become another Albert Einstein. You can just choose to do 5000h or 8000h.
Sometimes, dream for me, is not a small thing. It is a thing that you need to give sweat and blood into it. You might do not have time for sleeping. You might lose some of your friends. But always remember, that is the most valuable thing in your whole life. If your forget to do that, don't blame anyone for your own regrets.
Tips:
Keep going on.
And Watch the video one more time, you will find out that God knows all the things the fly has done to himself, and the small fortunate amber is his reward. A reward, is always there, for anyone who really appreciate his own life.
An awesome video about life:




I've learned a lot from your post! I think a person's life is just like that 1 minute fly. We have limited time during our whole life, and all of us have dreams to achieve. What should we do? Just wasting time and let time pass by us? Even so we still hope that someday our dreams can come true? The answer is negative. There is no way to achieve something by doing nothing for it.
ReplyDeleteStriving to Approach to my goals and dreams step by step from now on and never let myself be lazy again, you tell me that and it is you that give me courage to face difficulties on the way to my dream.
Hope you could begin doing what you want to do and never give up.
DeleteThis post is really intriguing, I think it's really important for everyone to have a goal in life or something to achieve. I feel that motivation is key to being happy in life.
ReplyDeleteI agree. WIsh you could find that motivation and become as happy as you want to.
Deleteyou are a really seriously student and you are not look like a student. Like a philosopher and you have some right point of view, hope you can keep your ideas and do it in your lift. Believe you will be a successful women!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Bobby. I know you would find what you want to be and become successful tooooooooo
DeleteHave you read the book The Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell? This book talks about the 10000 hour principle. I agree with what your classmates said previously. YOu will make a great psychologist.
ReplyDeleteWhat a coincidence again! I read about the introduction of the book The Outliers the other day. And I decided to read that some time later.
DeleteI really wish this idea about dreams would be accepted by our classmates and friends. And they could apply this to their own life.
Thanks Mrs Meeks, you have always being so encouraging.
That video was inspirational but scary at the same time. I thought that because he was getting so desperate and scared, that was how he was going to die, but it went another way. Thanks for sharing Zijing. But still, don't kill yourself trying to get famous, it's good to slow down some times.
ReplyDelete